Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Obama the socialist...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Obama the socialist...

    Today Palin called Obama a socialist.

    So basically, Obama is a Muslim, terrorist, and socialist.

    I don't claim a political party. Honestly, I tend to side more with Democrats but I don't care to vote for whoever I believe to be the best candidate.

    But I'm sick of these Republican campaigns. Always so negative and mad(and they are responsible for the last 8 years). Just watch the hostility of a crowd when Palin is speaking. For the most part, they tend to shy away from the issues and take personal attacks and spread lies on candidates. Then they try to make themselves look better to many Christian folks, and God fearing people vote for them even as they are feeding you full of lies. I'm just sick and tired of these campaigns. They don't want you to think, and it works. Honestly, I feel like voting for the Republican party after the underhanded conniving campaign that they run is an insult to my intelligence. And I think this latest attempt is the last straw. I'll end my rant now before I type all night.

    I officially hate the Republican party.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    2 weeks till election and I dont what else they can come up with. So far people havent given a damn about the anti-christ, muslim, terrorists, socialist foreigner rumors. Really the ignorant people at those rallies who are supposed to be a "christian base" spewing anger and hate. No such thing as a intolerant christian, thats a hypocrite. When Powell gave that interview it really should have opened some eyes and not just because of his military background. I cant remember the exact words but do remember him talking about the Muslim claims and saying that Obama clearly wasnt one but also said that a 4 yr old muslim kid born here should be able to dream that he could one day be president. Isnt that what America is all about? Arent we supposed to be a Nation who acccepts all kinds no matter their race, religion, gender or orientation? But then again America was founded on christian values blah, blah, blah. We have come far, but not that far for some. I like to think in my America we are accepting to everyone, after all this Nation was really founded on immigrants from all different places - who were trying to escape oppression intolerance but developed here too and still exists . This time 40 some years ago blacks were being sprayed with water hose or beaten to death for sitting down in a "white" seat. Now we have a black candidate that is no doubt better for the job than the usual old white guy, but some just cant look past the stigmas. We have come sooooo far in the last 50 years, but some just cant seem to go any further because of the same prejudices whether it be black, muslim etc. Just kills me when someone refers to him as "Hussein", so ignorant and irrelevant. For those who wont accept anyone not like them, do they think they are any different than the KKK or the Nazis during the 40's? Hate is hate, no matter who the hatred is being put upon. I'm with you, I just cant stand them. Esp when they get up there and talk about Obama attacking them, give me a [censored] break! Their campaign is nothing but attacking, smearing, mudslinging etc. How anyone can fall for their gimmicks/ploys and want more of the same crap that has plagued the US is beyond me. Now I know both are guilty in some aspects but most have pinpointed a major source and his twin is running in this election...so I just dont get why theyd want more. Maybe some of the reasons were in the first part of this huge rant. Damn duckmeat, I have to stop too before I type on and on all night.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    I know the feeling, I really do.

    I just get sick as hell even thinking about it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    It just kills me. He and Palin stand up there and imply all this, then say they dont know why the people at their rallies say things like that older lady did. Honestly I feel sorry for her, they are taking advantage of people like that. The older are just as gullible as the young voters the conservatives are always blathering about and follow Mccain like the younger follow Obama. Just simply wont admit it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    October 20, 2008 6:00 AM

    Inspecting the Piping

    Joe the Plumber knows socialism. His name is Barack Obama.

    By Kathryn Jean Lopez


    This Election Day could usher in a crushing blow to the American dream.

    Within hours of meeting Joe the Plumber, Americans from all over the country flooded my inbox with their stories.

    Joe the Plumber, as so many who watched the final presidential debate of the 2008 election know, is Joe Wurzelbacher, from Holland, Ohio, who wants to buy a small business but knows it's going to hurt under an Obama administration's tax plan.

    Jarringly, when Joe told Obama of his worry during a campaign stop, the Illinois senator said, "It's not that I want to punish your success, I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance at success, too. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."?

    The meeting created an opportunity for John McCain during that last debate, at Hofstra University in New York. By the next day, McCain was declaring Joe the victor. McCain said, during a rally in Downingtown, Penn.: "We had a good debate last night. I thought I did pretty well, but . . . the real winner last night was Joe the Plumber."?

    McCain continued, "Small businesses provide 16 million jobs in America, and Americans know that raising taxes on small businesses will kill those jobs at a time when we need to be creating more jobs."? He moved to a rousing conclusion that clearly resonated with the crowd: "America didn't become the greatest nation on earth by spreading the wealth; we became the greatest nation by creating new wealth."?

    Meanwhile, another Joe, Democratic vice-presidential candidate Biden, said on The Today Show that, "I don't have any Joe the Plumbers in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year,"? referring to Obama's much-vaunted plan to increase taxes only for people making more than that amount. Following in the footsteps of MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, who, the night of the debate, declared that Joe the Plumber is McCain's "invisible friend,"? Biden implied that the concerned Buckeye water jockey didn't exist. A McCain spokesman shot back: "It is astounding that Joe Biden, the self-adulated "?everyman,' can't believe that an American making less than $250,000 a year might still be opposed to socialism."?

    The Obama-Biden campaign not only wants to make it harder for the Joes of the nation to be small-business owners, but Barack & Co. want to attack them for even aiming in that direction. There's something about that line "? along with that downright Marxist "spread the wealth"? talk "? that would, on Election Day, deliver a decisive slap to this country's founding ideals.

    Bobbi, wife of "Mark the Trucker,"? e-mailed me the morning after the debate. Her husband owns a small transportation business that he founded with one truck in 1978. She said that small businesses cannot usually deduct as a business expense money that is taxed as personal income. That puts most small businesses in a higher tax bracket than the one they would qualify for if only their real earnings were taxed. This higher tax bracket, indicating a wealth that exists on paper alone, has prevented their children from getting financial aid for college.

    She continued: "Engines blow up, accidents happen, and the price of replacing an 18-wheel tractor or a specialty trailer is very expensive. My husband is taxed a higher rate on income that is really not income. He puts a large percentage of it back into his business, as I know most entrepreneurs do. We live on a modest percentage of what appears as "?wealth' to Senator Obama."?

    And the men who work for Mark get that and respect that, she believes. "They see how we live and they respect their boss because he pays a fair wage and does provide health care and contribute to their 401(k)s,"? she writes.

    And so Joe's words spoke to Bobbi. "Joe is like my husband and his employees. They work hard and dream bigger. There are a lot of Joes and Marks out here, and they all don't own businesses yet, but they dream. They know less government is best government. And, Kathryn, they all vote Republican."?

    Mark, Joe, Bobbi, and many potential McCain supporters look at the Democratic party's tendency toward class warfare and want to make a flight toward freedom. I don't know if the Joe the Plumbers of America are going to win the election for McCain-Palin, but they have certainly installed the pipes that are delivering a refreshing flow of honest revelation in these last weeks before E-Day.

    "? Kathryn Jean Lopez is the editor of National Review Online.

    © 2008, Newspaper Enterprise Assn.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Obama the socialist...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. </div></div>
    So finally, after 8 years, you admit voting for Bush was a mistake? He has gotten the whole country wobbling like a duck. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •